lunedì, giugno 27, 2011

Gash - A Young Man's Gash (1972 kraut prog germany)


Gash - A Young Man's Gash
This album is an unexpected surprise! I can think of few albums that start so horribly and end so incredibly! “Angel and Mother” is SO appalling on every level (soppy music, terrible lyrics, cheese-grater-to-the-eardrum vocals) it nearly made me want to throw the disc out of the window when I first heard it! But I stuck with it through the balance of the A-side (“Twentyone Days” is nearly as bad, but “In The Sea” is slightly better, sounding like one of Jane’s cast-offs) to make it to the “A Young Man’s Gash” suite. People, let me tell you this is one of the most amazing, fascinating and one-of-a-kind half-albums I have ever heard! It almost sounds like a completely different band! A blend of haunting rock & roll, orchestration and dark textures (the crazed screaming in Part 2 makes this a must to play around Halloween time!) that sound like nothing else I’ve heard before or since. Wow! Worth hearing for the mind-blowing title suite, but you might want to give the first three tracks a pass. From RYM (progbear)

Nessun commento:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...