lunedì, giugno 06, 2011

Good Rats - The Good Rats (68-69 hard psych us)


Good Rats - The Good Rats
I've been watching the ' Rats, and their predecessor group, The U-Men, since before I was old enough to be in the venues they were playing in, thanks to my girlfriend's older sister. I still catch them every time they play in town (they play at a local club, right in my little backwater of a town). On this album, though it's somewhat deeper than most of the pop of it's vintage, there can be no mistaking the commercial orientation of the record. There is a diversity of styles to their mat'l, and Peppi's voice is (and always was) quite distinctive. Probably my biggest criticism is a lack of consistency, but there is plenty enough good to outweigh the mediocre. Grades - 1 A-, 3 B+'s, 2 B's, 2 B-'s, 1 C, and a C-. From RYM (tymeshifter)

Nessun commento:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...